The new model for Elective Care in Sheffield - CASES
CASES - Clinical Assessment, Services, Education, Support
The CCG has approved the implementation of the CASES model for Elective Care in Sheffield. A main aim is to provide true seamless care for patients in Sheffield by joining up primary and secondary care, supporting education as key to ensuring patients can be treated outside of the hospital whenever appropriate and enabling funding to flow appropriately around the system.
We are working jointly with our main providers across a range of specialties in order to develop each of the key areas of the model:
- Clinical Advice & Guidance
- Electronic Referral and Consultation
- Community Diagnostics
- Community First and Follow-Up Appointments
- Non-face-to-face Follow-Ups
- Telemedicine and use of Technology
- Education and Up-Skilling
- Supporting Patient Self-Management and the role of the Third Sector
Together, these form CASES.